Another year, and another injury for punter Daniel Sepulveda.
It had been a great season for the Steelers lefty punter, but Saturday the team placed him on injured reserve.
Sepulveda landed on the team’s injury report late in the week with a right knee injury. This will be the third time in four seasons where an injury to his plant leg has landed the 2004 seventh-round pick out of Baylor on the injured reserve list.
Veteran Jeremy Kapinos has been re-signed to take Sepulveda’s place on the active roster. Kapinos replaced Sepulveda in 2010, averaging 32.3 yards per punt in four regular season games and 38.5 yards per punt in three post-season games, including a 44.3-yard average in Super Bowl XLV.
Kapinos went to training camp with the Steelers, but was released in early September. Since his release, the left-footed Kapinos has worked out for the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints and had a tryout on Friday with the Detroit Lions.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on