The Steelers may have a new running back coming to town, as with Rashard Mendenhall’s 2012 season clearly up in the air, the team may get San Diego free agent RB Mike Tolbert.
Kevin Acee of the SD Tribune reports that the Steelers and Panthers are the two front runners to get Tolbert, a back who last season rushed for 490 yards and 8 TD’s for the Chargers.
Tolbert puts up 4.1 yards per carry, and has been in the league for four seasons. His best year came two years back when he ran for 735 yards and 11 scores.
He can greatly put Steelers fans at ease about the RB situation. If the Steelers can get Tolbert, it would be a great insurance policy if Mendenhall isn’t ready to start the season.
Tolbert met with KC on Thursday, but that won’t happen since they inked former Browns RB Peyton Hills. It seems like the Steelers and Panthers are by far the two best fits for Tolbert’s services.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on