So Kevin Colbert is not closing the door on veteran players, and with the draft closing in, you have to wonder if the team has in the back of their mind the options of bringing back veterans Max Starks and Casey Hampton.
Starks started all 16 games at left tackle in 2012 while Hampton did the same at nose tackle. Both players became free agents last month and have been on the market, with not much buzz about either.
Marcus Gilbert and Steve McLendon are both alread in line to be replacements for the two, but don’t be shocked if one or both of the vets find their way back to the black and gold.
Colbert said there’s no rush and any movement would most likely happen after this weekend’s NFL draft.
”They could sign a contract today and end up behind a first-round draft pick,” Colbert said. ”We’ll see where things stand on Monday.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on