The injuries are starting to mount for the Steelers, which is bad news as there’s still plenty of practices left till the team takes the field for the first time against the Titans.
The team already is missing the following players on Thursday at practice with injuries – cornerbacks Cortez Allen (knee), Terry Hawthorne (knee), DeMarcus Van Dyke (hamstring) and Curtis Brown (ankle).
New to the list for Thursday though are a pair of defensive ends, as Jim Wexell of Steelers Digest says that Nick Williams and Cam Heyward both were on the sidelines for the session.
Wexell said that Heyward’s injury didn’t appear to be anything serious, which is good news.
Tight end Matt Spaeth, who was hurt Wednesday and had ice on his foot after being carted off, was also on the sidelines on Thursday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on