Most of the Steelers stars at one point or another seem to take a pay cut in order to help the team, and today it’s being reported by the National Football Post that Steelers TE Heath Miller did just that for 2013.
Miller had his deal redone, reducing his salary-cap figure from $7.96 million to $6.46 million.
He did that by converting $3 millon of his $5.162 million base salary into a signing bonus. His salary for this season is now worth $1.974 million.
Due to him changing his salary for this season, in 2014 his number will go from $7.966 million to $9.466 million.
He inked a five-year deal in 20009 for $35 million, with $12.5 million in guaranteed money.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on