Five turnovers which allowed the Bears to score 23 points was the death blow for the Steelers Sunday night, as they fell to 0-3 with a 40-23 loss to the Bears.
The Steelers fell behind 17-0 in the first quarter, and while they cut the deficit to 27-23 in the fourth quarter, they never got the lead, and fell apart in the second half of the fourth quarter.
The team is now 0-3 for the first time since the 2000 season, a year in which they would win five straight after starting 0-3, and wound up 9-7.
It’s a far way away from that happening now, as this team is clearly not even close to being a contender in the AFC.
All the other AFC North teams won Sunday, meaning the Steelers control last place at 0-3 as they get ready to head to London to play the 0-3 Vikings.
Have at it Steeler Nation – how does the 2013 season get fixed? Or does it?
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on