The date was December 12th 2010, and the Steelers were set for a battle with the Bengals, sitting at 9-3 and looking to lock up the AFC North in a season they eventually played in the Super Bowl.
The matchup was the last with now Cardinals QB Carson Palmer, and the Steelers beat up Palmer and Cincy, easily going on for a 23-7 win after a slow start.
Below is a portion of the game story from Steelers Gab that afternoon, describing just how the Steelers made it to 10-3.
On a day when things didn’t start very good for the 9-3 Steelers, they could not have ended any better.
The black and gold completed a sweep of the very bad Bengals Sunday, winning on the strength of two defensive touchdowns in a 23-7 victory. They trailed 7-0 just over 5 minutes into the game, but dominated from there, as they at one point in the middle of the game the Bengals had six drives that resulted in zero yards on 10 plays.
The Steelers got two interception returns for touchdowns, one from Troy Polamalu that tied the game at seven, and another from LaMarr Woodley that more than sealed the deal in the fourth quarter to make it 20-7 with 12:21 left.
Click HERE to Read the Rest of the game story from December 12th 2010.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on