The Steelers visit with Jaguars free agent running back Maurice Jones-Drew has ended, as reports say he’s left Pittsburgh with a contract or any type of deal.
Last season was a tough one for Jones-Drew, as he ran for just 3.4 yards per carry, the worst in his career.
The problem is the Steelers don’t have much in the way of cap space unless they come up with money by dumping a veteran player like Ike Taylor, which isn’t likely to happen at this point.
Right now the team has just over $2.1 million left to spend.
The Steelers did chat with Packers RB James Starks, but he went back with a two-year to Green Bay.
Jones-Drew led the league in rushing in 2011 with 1,606 yards.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on