There are plenty of opinions about just which direction the Steelers will go with their 1st pick in the upcoming 2014 NFL Draft.
Here’s a sampling of what other sites are saying about what the team will do and what player they will choose.
They have a number of guys picking, and overall it appears they have the Steelers picking Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert.
The once-proud Pittsburgh defense has fallen off in recent years and reinforcements are needed at all three levels. Gilbert plays with a gambler’s mentality that may scare some teams off but his athleticism and ball skills could make him a star if operating behind a productive pass rush.
Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina – The Steelers will never pass up the opportunity to grab a great offensive play-maker if one is available to them. I mocked a receiver to them for quite some time – and they will take Mike Evans if he somehow fell to No. 15 – but they’re likely to go with another position now unless they move up.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
The Pittsburgh Steelers don’t have a proven playmaker at nose tackle. Louis Nix may be just a bit of a reach with the 15th pick, but you can’t run a 3-4 defense without a powerful presence in the middle of the defensive line.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on