The Pittsburgh Steelers have suffered some major injuries over the past few seasons. Key players missed important games that hurt the Steelers in the win column. This preseason the Steelers injury report lists have been much shorter than the past.
During last Thursday’s game versus the Philadelphia Eagles, linebackers Sean Spence and Jason Worilds both suffered knee injures. After having x-rays and being checked out by doctors, it has been determined that neither one has a serious knee injury.
Both Worilds and Spence will be inactive versus the Carolina Panthers Thursday night as a precaution to avoid further injury. In all likelihood linebackers Vince Williams, Chris Carter and Arthur Moats will receive more playing time in place of Spence and Worilds unless they do not make the final 53-man roster cut that must be completed by Saturday, overall.
Wide receiver Lance Moore returned to practice Monday. Moore missed last Thursday’s game against the Eagles with tightness in his leg. Moore is the projected slot receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers offense this season so the state of his health is important.
Safety Will Allen and cornerback Devin Smith returned to practice on Monday as well. It was reported earlier today that the Steelers have parted ways with Smith, but Allen is on the bubble and must continue to working in practice to convince the Steelers coaches to keep him for the 2014 NFL season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on