It’s that time of year again when divisional outlooks come into play across the NFL. Today we look at the NFC West predictions and how the defending Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks stack up against the divisional rivals.
Christina Rivers’ NFC West Predictions
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. St. Louis Rams
4. Arizona Cardinals
The Seahawks may have taken a bit of a step backwards from their 2013 Super Bowl season on defense, but they are likely to improve in the passing game with Russell Wilson ready to lead a tough Seattle team in defending their title against a division that lost considerable players from every team. Jim Harbaugh’s 49ers are without defensive leader NaVorro Bowman for several weeks and Aldon Smith for half the season. Colin Kaepernick will need to have a breakout season to keep San Francisco neck-and-neck with Seattle down the stretch. Without Sam Bradford at quarterback, the Rams will look for answers on offense and count on a defensive line that gives them something to secure what could be a rocky season. Arizona suffered possibly the most in the offseason with the Daryl Washington suspension, Darnell Dockett injury and loss of Karlos Dansby to free agency. They are a team looking for an identity.
Robert Smith’s NFC West Predictions
- Seattle Seahawks
- San Francisco 49ers
- Arizona Cardinals
- St. Louis Rams
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on