Ed Sabol, founder of NFL Films, died Monday in his home in Scottsdale, Arizona, at the age of 98, NFL.com reports.
A member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2011, his vision led NFL Films in revolutionizing the way sports are presented. During his tenure (1964-1995), NFL Films won 52 Emmy Awards.
Many innovations were introduced under Sabol: the first use of a microphone on coaches, referees and players, adding popular music to footage, and of course, bloopers videos.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on