As of Wednesday afternoon, there has been no major free agency signings in the AFC North. There have been a few key re-signings and some key veterans, but it’s early. A lot more activity is expected to take place.
The Ravens traded long-time stand out Haloti Ngata to the Detroit Lions for a fourth, fifth, and seventh round pick. Wide receiver Torrey Smith was not re-signed and is now a member of the San Francisco 49ers. Tight end Owen Daniels signed with the Denver Broncos on a three year contract. It remains a mystery if the Ravens will re-sign running back Justin Forsett.
Quarterback Brain Hoyer signed with the Houston Texans. The Browns added some depth to their offense, signing wide receiver Brain Hartline to a three year contract. Cornerback Buster Skrine signed a four year deal with the New York Jets. No major stars are expected to visit the Browns in the near future.
The Bengals signed veteran outside linebacker A.J. Hawk who last played with the Green Bay Packers. Guard Clint Boling was re-signed and a visit is scheduled for defensive tackle Nick Fairley. Otherwise, it has been a very quiet off season thus far for the Bengals.
The Steelers have been taking care of business at home first. Tight end Matt Spaeth, and outside linebacker Arthur Moats were both re-signed. Quarterback Tajh Boyd was signed and will compete with Landry Jones for the number three quarterback spot and possibly number two. Running back DeAngelo Williams, last with the Carolina Panthers, is scheduled to visit the Steelers Friday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on