If there’s been one player on the Steelers that has been rock steady the last few seasons and deserves whatever he gets in a new deal, it’s that of kicker Chris Boswell.
The Post-Gazette is reporting that the Steelers and Boswell are in chats about a new contract, and that the talks about that deal started last week.
Place kicker Chris Boswell and the Steelers have begun negotiations toward a new contract. Boswell said Sunday the talks began last week.
“They probably started at the beginning of the week,” he said. “And they’ve kind of been ongoig since then.”
If Boswell does not sign a long-term deal before the start of the regular season he’ll play this season for $2.9 million on the restricted free agent tender he signed in the spring.
“Boswell for President” has been ongoing on Twitter almost since the day he came in as the teams’ kicker, and for good reason. Last season he was 35 of 38 in field-goal attempts, including all four of his attempts from 50 yards or more.
It’s a good move for a team that at times plays close games when the season is very much on the line
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on