Coming off an emotional road win against the Baltimore Ravens Sunday, there was concern that the Steelers would be severely tested at home Thursday against the tough NFC South Carolina Panthers.
Instead, the black and gold sent a statement that the NFL can’t ignore, and that came in the form of a beat down that not many saw coming, as they slammed the Cats 52-21.
The Steelers laid waste to Cam Newton and the Panthers, using an offense that was nearly perfect, and a defense that put pressure all night on Newton, making sure he left Heinz Field with a number of bumps and bruises.
Here’s some takeaways from the Steelers 6th win of the season, a welcome win that will be followed up with an enjoyable 10 days off before they head to Jacksonville for a Divisional playoff rematch against the Jaguars.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on