Coming off an emotional road win against the Baltimore Ravens Sunday, there was concern that the Steelers would be severely tested at home Thursday against the tough NFC South Carolina Panthers.
Instead, the black and gold sent a statement that the NFL can’t ignore, and that came in the form of a beat down that not many saw coming, as they slammed the Cats 52-21.
The Steelers laid waste to Cam Newton and the Panthers, using an offense that was nearly perfect, and a defense that put pressure all night on Newton, making sure he left Heinz Field with a number of bumps and bruises.
Here’s some takeaways from the Steelers 6th win of the season, a welcome win that will be followed up with an enjoyable 10 days off before they head to Jacksonville for a Divisional playoff rematch against the Jaguars.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on