While Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin seemed to have his mind focused on what was coming up Sunday night in Los Angeles, you knew that at some point the question was going to be asked about the rumor that the Washington Redskins were interested in bringing him in as the head coach.
The rumor from various sources began Monday after the Skins canned Jay Gruden after the team’s sixth loss in six games Sunday at home to the Patriots.
Tomlin’s name was reported to be on a short list of Skins owner Dan Snyder, who reportedly wants to make a big splash with the next coach of the team.
Tuesday it took to the final question to finally be asked, but Tomlin was asked what he thought of the rumors – to which he quickly brushed off.
“I’m the head coach of a 1-4 football team that’s going on the road to play a Hall of Fame quarterback with a third-string quarterback,” Tomlin said.
“Do you think I’m worried about anything other than that?”
It’s not a shock that Tomlin would blow off the question, as he seems happy with the black and gold, and the coach got another short extension before the season showing that despite the tough issues the club has had in the last year, they still have confidence in him.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on