Numberfire.com has out a list of one player for each AFC team they think might be on the chopping block this offseason.
For the Steelers the site has picked tight end Vance McDondald as the player that could find himself released. Here’s what they have to say about Vance getting cut.
Pittsburgh Steelers – TE Vance McDonald
Dead Cap Hit $1.45M, Cap Saving $5.67M
Tight end Vance McDonald has spent the majority of his time with the Pittsburgh Steelers seemingly tethering on the brink between breaking out and the roster bubble. For the seventh time in his seven seasons in the NFL, he failed to play in all 16 games. When he was on the field, his form did not warrant high praise. McDonald reeled in 38 passes for a mediocre (at best) 273 yards, for a mere 7.2 yards per catch.
Of the 27 tight ends to see at least 50 targets, only Jacob Hollister had a lower Target NEP per target than McDonald (-0.07). The Steelers offense should bounce back in 2020 if Ben Roethlisberger is able to perform at a higher level than Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges. That said, McDonald is not a player that can be counted on, not least at his current salary.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on