The Steelers continued to fortify their offseason roster with former XFL players, signing wide receiver Saeed Blacknall to a one-year contract Monday, Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Blacknall, a former Penn State pass catcher, most recently played for the Los Angeles Wildcats of the upstart league, which ceased operations last week after having its season halted midstream because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Blacknall appeared in three of five games for the Wildcats, catching four passes for 120 yards and two touchdowns.
The Steelers are the fourth NFL organization for Blacknall, who originally signed with the Oakland Raiders in 2018 as an undrafted free agent. He spent time on the practice squad with the Raiders and Arizona Cardinals and was in training camp last year with the Miami Dolphins.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Release Veteran Guard David DeCastro on
- 25 Most Popular Pittsburgh Steelers Players of All-Time on
- ESPN’s Poor Rating Of The Steelers’ Offseason Is A Tad Unfair on
- The 3 Most Exciting Matchups From the 2021 Steelers Schedule on
- JuJu Smith-Schuster Staying Put, Inking One-Year Deal to Stay with the Steelers on