The Steelers, as one would think, have fallen a bit in one of the first power rankings out there, that being Peter King in his “Monday Morning QB” over on CNN/SI. Here’s the top five, with King putting the Steelers at three after most rankings had them at one last week.
1. Baltimore (3-1). Tough call, because there’s no clear number one, but the Ravens have beaten two of the top six or eight teams in football on the road (Steelers, Jets), and Joe Flacco, after struggling much of the first three weeks, made a huge throw to Houshmandzadeh to win this one.
2. New York Jets (3-1). Dustin Keller (19 catches, 254 yards, five TDs) is playing like the second-best tight end in football behind Antonio Gates. Well, at least he’s competitive for that mantel in the first quarter of the season, alongside Dallas Clark.
3. Pittsburgh (3-1). Ben Roethlisberger reports back to work this morning at the Steeler complex, and we can forget all the “Do they miss Ben?” stuff after the 210-yard performance against the Ravens Sunday.
4. Green Bay (3-1). I’m not sure the near-loss to Detroit is as bad a sign as you might think. The Lions are no longer an easy game for anyone. But the Green Bay offense is a worry. The Pack didn’t have an offensive scoring drive in the final 36 minutes of the game.
5. Atlanta (3-1). Got the great hustle play from Roddy White on Sunday for their second consecutive walk-off victory via field goal. Only loss this year was in overtime to Pittsburgh.
See Kings’ entire list HERE