We all know that the Steelers have a rich tradition of big plays over the course of their history. From six Super Bowls to countless playoff games to huge wins, the Steelers are the most celebrated NFL team in history for a number of reasons. Today we continue our countdown of the “Top 10 Catches in Steelers History”. Today, we throw out Number 9. Be back tomorrow for Number 8:
Number 9: December 16th 2001 – Bobby Shaw Clinches the AFC Central Division Title with a 90-yard TD vs the Ravens
In another classic battle vs the Ravens, the Steelers, then led by QB Kordell Stewart, were in a battle trying to stay atop the AFC Central and holding off Baltimore at the same time. In a back and forth affair, the Steelers were having great success going after the usually tough Ravens secondary. After a punt in the fourth quarter put the Steelers deep in their own territory, the Steelers looked for the clinching blow, and Stewart found it. Little known Bobby Shaw ran down a seam in the Ravens secondary, and Stewart delivered a perfect pass that ended 90 yards later with Shaw in the end zone, and the Steelers with another AFC Central title.
Click HERE for Number 10 on the List
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on