It’s question time in the AFC North on ESPN, and James Walker, AFC North blogger for ESPN, questions what exactly the plan is for the Steelers at the CB spot this offseason, something we talked about just the other day.
As their Super Bowl XLV loss to the Green Bay Packers proved, the Steelers must add quality depth in the secondary. The Packers, New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints provide the blueprint of how to beat Pittsburgh’s vaunted defense: spread the Steelers out with multiple receivers.
The Steelers simply don’t have enough good cornerbacks to defend three- and four-receiver sets. This also takes Pittsburgh’s strongest players– its linebackers — off the field in favor of players such as William Gay and Anthony Madison.
Click HERE to read the rest
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on