The team a few days back came to terms with Ike Tayor, and today agreed to terms on a multi-year contract with nickel back William Gay.
Gay, who was a restricted free agent, cannot start to practice with the team until Thursday under the new rules set forth by the league. He was chosen by the Steelers with the 170th pick (5th round) of the 2007 NFL Draft, and in his time with the team has three sacks, a pick, and 186 career tackles.
On another note, the team had been talking with former Patriots tight end Daniel Graham, but he has left Latrobe without inking a deal. The Steelers are in the market for a number two tight end after losing Matt Spaeth, who signed with the Bears.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on