According to CBS NFL insider Jason LaCanfora, the contract that the Steelers handed wide out Darrius Heyward-Bey this past week isn’t one that will hurt the team should things not work out.
As you can see from the tweet from LaCanfora, the deal only will cost the team $65,000 guaranteed via a signing bonus.
Darrius Heyward-Bey's deal with PIT includes only $65,000 guaranteed via a signing bonus. Has a base of $730K. Very much a tryout contract
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 5, 2014
The 27-year-old played in all 16 games for the Colts last season and caught 29 passes for 309 yards and a touchdown. Heyward-Bey spent the 2013 in Indianapolis after spending the first four seasons of his career in Oakland.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on