Cornerback Brandon Flowers left his visit with the Chargers without a contract for the upcoming season and said he intends to visit with at least one other NFL team before deciding where to continue his career after being released by the Chiefs. That team will likely not be the Steelers according to Scott Brown of ESPN.com.
The Steelers have no current plans to bring Flowers in despite reports earlier in the week that they were considering the veteran corner.
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin did not completely close the door on Flowers, saying ““I’m not opposed to anything that will increase our chances of winning. We’re open to all possibilities.”
Cortez Allen and Ike Taylor are projected to be the starting corners in Pittsburgh this season with William Gay, Brice McCain, fifth-round pick Shaquille Richardson and others in the mix behind them.
The Lions and the Ravens have also been mentioned as possible landing spots for Flowers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on