Count another unhappy Steelers player who seems to want to take his ball and go home.
Like now Super Bowl Champion RB LeGarrette Blount, who magically found his way off the Steelers and on the Patriots, another 2014 free agent wants out, that being wide out Lance Moore.
Reports say that Moore has asked for his release from the Steelers, this after grabbing just 14 passes for 198 yards and two touchdowns.
The Steelers inked Moore last March when it looked like the wide out core could be in some trouble after the team lost Emmanuel Sanders to free agency.
Moore though got hurt early, and never seemed comfortable in the Steelers offense, and eventually took a backseat to young wide outs like Markus Wheaton and draft pick Martavis Bryant.
The Steelers will have to eat $322,500 on the cap this upcoming season if they let Moore walk. He originally inked a two-year deal with the team for two-years at $3 million.
Bottom line, if he wants out – let him walk. At 31 he’s not going to get much better, and if he’s got a bad attitude about the Steelers, he can find employment elsewhere.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on