Two vets are back with the black and gold as the team announced they have signed veteran LB Arthur Moats to a three-year deal worth $7.5 million, and tight end Matt Spaeth is also back on a two-year deal.
“Steelers Nation,” Moats tweeted out earlier, “I’m proud to announce that my family and I will be staying in Pittsburgh!”
Moats played in all 16 games and the playoff game, and was a pleasant surprise, startnig 10 games due to the injury to Jarvis Jones.
The 27-year-old could have hit free agency tomorrow at 4pm.
Spaeth, 31, appeared in 15 games in 2014, starting eight times, and caught three passes for 46 yards with a touchdown.
For his career, Spaeth has 53 receptions for 410 yards with 10 touchdowns in eight NFL seasons.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on