Per ESPN reporter and member of Inside the NFL show Josina Anderson, Dallas Cowboys free agent cornerback Sterling Moore will visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Steelers lost cornerback Brice McCain to free agency last week and are to visit with Patrick Robinson, a free agent corner from the New Orleans Saints as well this week. With two free agent defensive backs in Pittsburgh, the Steelers are likely looking for veteran experience to bolster depth at the position instead of relying solely on the 2015 NFL Draft.
At 5’10”, 202 pounds Moore doesn’t have exceptional height but has recorded 80 tackles, 20 passes defended, three interceptions and a touchdown. Moore went undrafted in 2011 and spent time with the Oakland Raiders and New England Patriots before moving onto the Cowboys roster. Moore mainly played in the nickel package in Dallas after B.W. Webb took the starting position.
The Steelers will most likely work Robinson and Moore out to compare notes and determine which player would fit best in their defense.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on