The NFL tonight announced 34 compensatory draft picks going to 14 teams. The Steelers are one of those teams on the list.
Scott Brown of ESPN announced that the Steelers will get an extra seventh-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft to take place in May. The pick is the 252nd overall pick, and the team cannot trade the pick.
The Steelers received a compensatory pick in the 2015 NFL draft. The Steelers get a 7th-round pick, 252nd overall.
— Scott Brown (@ScottBrown_ESPN) March 24, 2015
Now that the compensatory picks have been announced, the Steelers officially have eight picks in upcoming draft. One in every round and two picks in round seven.
Everyone in the division received at least one compensatory pick minus Cleveland. The Bengals will get an extra third-round pick and a fourth rounder.
Cincinnati gets extra picks for losing defensive end Michael Johnson and tackle Anthony Collins as unrestricted free agents in 2014.
Baltimore got three extra picks Monday, adding a pair of fourth-rounders and a fifth.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on