4. 2012 David DeCastro (24) OG Stanford
DeCastro was expected to go higher in the 2012 draft, but fell to the Steelers with the 24th pick in the first round. He was the first offensive guard taken in the first round by the Steelers since Kendall Simmons in 2002. He was expected to have a big impact on a line that was struggling, but in the third preseason game against the Bills, he injured both his right ACL and MCL. He returned that November and has been solid on the line ever since. A good player, not great but worth the first-round pick.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on