4. 2012 David DeCastro (24) OG Stanford
DeCastro was expected to go higher in the 2012 draft, but fell to the Steelers with the 24th pick in the first round. He was the first offensive guard taken in the first round by the Steelers since Kendall Simmons in 2002. He was expected to have a big impact on a line that was struggling, but in the third preseason game against the Bills, he injured both his right ACL and MCL. He returned that November and has been solid on the line ever since. A good player, not great but worth the first-round pick.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on