The 2015 season for Steelers tackle Mike Adams ended today, after the team did not activate him from the physically unable to perform lis by today’s 4pm deadline.
The team had to make the decision today to activate him or not, and decided that he was not healed enough from his back surgery in late July.
The former second-round will remain on the PUP list, and that wasn’t the only transaction for the Steelers today when it came to their offensive line.
The club also placed former 7th round pick Kelvin Beachum on IR, leaving undrafted Alejandro Villanueva at the tackle position.
Beachum is looking at a long recovery, and that makes it a tough decision if the team will try and bring him back or not next season, as he’s a free agent entering the offseason.
The club will have a decision to make with Adams as well, who just has never become that solid tackle the team was hoping for when they took him in the second-round out of Ohio State in 2012.
He was the starter entering 2013, but was awful and was part of the reason behind the club’s 0-4 start, in a season which ended 8-8 after Adams mostly saw the bench much of the season after the club made changes across the O-line.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on