There’s been plenty of chatter about the black and gold looking to get a deal done with linebacker Ryan Shazier, but all that talk is going to go nowhere – but another Steelers player cold get a deal done.
According to Jason La Canfora, Shazier won’t be getting any new deal done, but the team might get something done with 24-year-old defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt, who is set to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of 2017.
Steelers won’t be extending Ryan Shazier this summer but a contract could be worked out with DL Stephon Tuitt
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) July 31, 2017
Tuitt is set to make $1,048,561 this season for the Steelers, and he’s proved his worth to get paid a lot more by the Steelers. Last season he played in 14 games with four sacks and 28 total tackles.
As for Shazier, he’s due $1,716,438 this season for the Steelers, and next season there’s an option on his deal worth $8.7 million, and the team would love to get a deal done to lower that number.
But from what La Canfora says, Shazier will have to wait, but Tuitt might have a deal in place sooner than later.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on