The Steelers are releasing one of their linebackers, as according to Aaron Wilson the team is saying good-bye to veteran LB L.J. Fort.
L.J. Fort being released today, according to a source
— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 11, 2017
The move comes somewhat as a surprise, as the team now has just three inside linebackers, Tyler Matakevich, Ryan Shazier and Vince Williams.
Fort had spent the previous three seasons with the Steelers and played just one defensive snap in Sunday’s win against the Cleveland Browns.
He was an undrafted free agent from Northern Iowa, and first inked with the Browns back in 2012 and made their 53-man roster as a rookie.
Fort played in 16 games with Cleveland, and moved on to a deal with the Denver Broncos in 2013.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on