It was bantered about Sunday night that Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt could miss the rest of the season after it was reported he had torn his bicep muscle.
Now there’s some good news out of the possible season ending injury.
The news is that Tuitt didn’t totally tear his muscle, and he’s going to be week to week, this according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
Some good news for the #Steelers. Source says DE Stephon Tuitt is week-to-week with a biceps injury. Not season-ending. “He’s OK,” one said.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 11, 2017
Just hours after inking a new deal Sunday, he left the game against the Browns in the first quarter. He’s going to miss Sunday’s game vs the Vikings at home, and the likely the Bears game the following week, but after that it’s all going to be how quick he heals.
He’s a force on the Steelers line, which of course is why he was given a new $60 million dollar deal. He had four sacks, three passes defended, and two forced fumbles last season.
Here’s hoping that he’s a quick healer.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on