2. Rewrite the Rule Book
Stop with all the crap about ‘a football move.’ ‘surviving the ground.’ and ‘the ball was coming out’ about the Jesse James touchdown that probably would have won the game, the NFL has a SERIOUS issue on their hands, and that’s one ref crew from another doesn’t appear to know the rules and makes them up on the fly.
Former NFL coach and one-time Steeler Tony Dungy said it best regarding what should have been a James TD – “flag football, high school football, college football. Any place you play football, other than the NFL, that’s a touchdown.”
It started years ago with Lions WR Calvin Johnson and an overturned call in a regular season game against the Bears, and continued a few postseasons ago when it looked like the Cowboys were hosed by a bad call on a Dez Bryant apparent catch against the Packers.
I for one am sick and tired of never knowing what exactly a catch is, and after watching football for over 30 years I don’t know week in and week out what crap we’re now going to see from the officials.
The overturn of what was a touchdown isn’t just another play – it’s a play that for all intensive purposes ruined what was a Steelers win and a sure shot that the AFC would run though Heinz Field.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on