5. It May Still Feel Like it, but the Season Isn’t Over
Like I stated in the open, if there’s one thing the Steelers simply can’t do is allow this game to linger in their minds and come out and lay an egg a week from today in Houston.
With the Jaguars with 10 wins and the tie-breaker, the Steelers have to do whatever they can to win their last two games and let the chips fall where they may, but getting the #2 seed is a must for this team.
The Patriots finish the season with two teams that know them well in the Bills and Jets, but both games are at home and they also will have their foot on the pedal knowing they can’t have a letdown either.
Getting the bye hopefully would allow this team to heal up, most notably Antonio Brown and his calf injury. If the team gets no lower than the two-seed, it would give Brown four weeks to get his calf healthy for hopefully three more games in the postseason.
The Steelers in a lot of ways dominated the Pats, they just got screwed and then didn’t get the job done. Again, that’s no excuse for not finishing the next two games against two bad teams in Houston and Cleveland.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on