If the AFC Championship Game happens to be between the Steelers and Patriots for the second straight season, the black and gold will be looking across the field at an old friend according to reports today.
It was reported earlier on Tuesday that all-time Steelers sack leader James Harrison was visiting the Patriots following his Saturday release by the Steelers, and now Adam Schefter and Field Yates of ESPN are reporting that Harrison is signing with the Steelers biggest rival.
Former Steelers' LB James Harrison is signing with the New England Patriots, per @FieldYates.
Could lead to potential matchup of Harrison vs. Steelers in postseason.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 26, 2017
This is a kick to the stomach for many Steelers fans who probably wouldn’t care if Harrison signed with a team like the Eagles or Rams, but to go to the very team that Pittsburgh is most likely going to have to get through to get to the Super Bowl is tough to swallow.
We will see just how much Bill Belichick and the Pats use Harrison, or if he’s simply there to be an informant to the Pats for how the Steelers run certain plays on defense to further help New England should a rematch occur in late January.
Coming soon. ? pic.twitter.com/jqwhg1vBgU
— NFL (@NFL) December 26, 2017
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on