The Steelers hope of coming home Sunday and getting on track was derailed by the Pat Mahomes show, as the Chiefs walloped the Steelers 42-37 Sunday, dropping the Steelers to 0-1-1 on the season.
Mahomes and the Chiefs offense torched the Steelers for six touchdowns throwing, and a total of 326 yards, as Kansas City on the day had 446 total offensive yards.
The Steelers made it a game with 21 second quarter points, but their defense could not get off the field, and in the end it was too much as despite a day in which Ben Roethlisberger, more out of need than anything, threw the ball 60 times for 452 yards and three scores, and he ran for a score.
Here’s three takeaways on the game, as the Steelers will look to regroup for a game on the road at Tampa next Monday against the 2-0 Buccaneers, who beat the Eagles Sunday.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on