The Steelers hope of coming home Sunday and getting on track was derailed by the Pat Mahomes show, as the Chiefs walloped the Steelers 42-37 Sunday, dropping the Steelers to 0-1-1 on the season.
Mahomes and the Chiefs offense torched the Steelers for six touchdowns throwing, and a total of 326 yards, as Kansas City on the day had 446 total offensive yards.
The Steelers made it a game with 21 second quarter points, but their defense could not get off the field, and in the end it was too much as despite a day in which Ben Roethlisberger, more out of need than anything, threw the ball 60 times for 452 yards and three scores, and he ran for a score.
Here’s three takeaways on the game, as the Steelers will look to regroup for a game on the road at Tampa next Monday against the 2-0 Buccaneers, who beat the Eagles Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on