Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey earned a game ball Sunday despite not playing a down in the Steelers 20-13 win over the Cleveland Browns.
Monday he was activated and placed on the Exempt/Commissioner Permission List.
The Steelers brought Pouncey back, requesting a two-day roster exemption, which was granted. The exemption expires on Wednesday at 4 p.m. (ET).
Pouncey was sat for a pair of games after going after with punches and kicks Browns defensive end Myles Garrett at the end of the first game between the two teams on November 14th.
He was suspended for three games at first, but after an appeal it was dropped to two games.
Despite missing the last two games, both Steelers wins over Cincinnati and Cleveland, Pouncey is leading all AFC centers in Pro Bowl voting.
The team released center Patrick Morris to make room for Pouncey on the team’s roster.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on