NFL.com has a new article out discussing how things look to be shaping up with free agency ready to start very soon, and how teams wide receiver cores are looking going into the process.
The Steelers had issues keeping receivers healthy in 2019, and it will be interesting to see what they do in free agency (if anything) with wide outs in 2020.
You can read the entire article HERE – for now here’s what the piece says about the Steelers receiver situation.
Top three WRs in 2019: James Washington (44-735-3), Diontae Johnson (59-680-5), JuJu Smith-Schuster (42-552-3).
With the return of veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who missed most of 2019, this young group has the potential to get very efficient very quickly. I am not ready to talk fantasy football yet, but I can almost assure you that Johnson will be one of my favorite targets/sleepers. One note on last season: Steelers receivers caught 44 passes when lined up in the slot (31st in the NFL, ahead of only the Vikings at 36, per NGS).
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on