In a move that can only be described as stunning, the Steelers have placed the Transition Tag on linebacker Jason Worilds.
The amount that it’s going to cost to keep Worilds – $9.75 million.
It simply comes down to the fact the team felt that Worilds is worth it – now there’s going to have to be some fallback from it – like the team working to reduce the salary and cap number for safety Troy Polamalu.
Also there’s rumblings the team may have to part ways with cornerback Ike Taylor, another player that could pay the price for tagging Worilds.
The tag on Worilds means that he’s not going anywhere, and the team felt that his value late in the season was big enough (8 sacks) to keep around.
Let’s hear it Steeler Nation – what do you think? Good move? Not a smart one?
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on