In a move that adds veteran leadership to a defense that already after two preseason games looks better than last year – “The Beard” is coming back to the Steelers.
Defensive lineman Brett Keisel has agreed to a deal to return to the black and gold – a fan favorite that has a cult like following among Steeler Nation.
Keisel was a free agent entering the offseason and the Arizona Cardinals had interest in him after losing Darnell Dockett for the year with a torn ACL.
Instead, Keisel said he wanted to remain with the black and gold for the rest of his career – and the Steelers obliged with a deal.
The 36-year-old will push for time at LDE with free agent pickup Cam Thomas and rookie Stephon Tuitt.
To make room on the roster, the Steelers released defensive tackle Al Lapuaho.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on