The Steelers continue to work hard to try and free up cap space in case they want to sign a player like running back DeAngelo Williams.
Today the team was able to restructure the contract of center Maurkice Pouncey. According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the restructure of Pouncey’s deal will save the Steelers about $3.8 million.
The deal gives the Steelers more cap space, space they could use to not only possibly sign a player, but also they still need to get things wrapped up with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in terms of a new deal.
Steelers finally complete Pouncey’s restructure, according to NFLPA. Saves $3.8 million this year. Now about $7.5 mil under cap, says NFLPA
— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) March 11, 2015
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on