The Steelers continue to work hard to try and free up cap space in case they want to sign a player like running back DeAngelo Williams.
Today the team was able to restructure the contract of center Maurkice Pouncey. According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the restructure of Pouncey’s deal will save the Steelers about $3.8 million.
The deal gives the Steelers more cap space, space they could use to not only possibly sign a player, but also they still need to get things wrapped up with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in terms of a new deal.
Steelers finally complete Pouncey’s restructure, according to NFLPA. Saves $3.8 million this year. Now about $7.5 mil under cap, says NFLPA
— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) March 11, 2015
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on