The Pittsburgh Steelers have lost another player to free agency. Cornerback Brice McCain via his agent, David Canter, has signed a two-year contract to play with the Miami Dolphins. Canter made the announcement via Twitter.
McCain joined the Steelers for the 2014 NFL season after spending his first five seasons in the league with the Houston Texans. In one season, McCain started nine games following the benching of Cortez Allen. During that time, McCain recorded three interceptions – including one for a touchdown against the Jacksonville Jaguars. McCain added a fumble recovery on defense.
With Allen and William Gay under contract for the 2015 season, the Steelers have a bigger depth issue at the cornerback position after not targeting McCain as a priority signing. The Steelers are likely to watch the free agent wire for an available replacement while taking another look at the draft board in order to fill McCain’s spot.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on