Think the visit today that the Steelers have set up with free agent running back DeAngelo Williams is nothing but a smoke screen for him to get a better offer elsewhere?
Williams appears serious about his interest in coming to the defending AFC North Champions, as Thursday night he put out a video and tweet basically saying he is hopeful to have a new team after his visit with the Steelers Friday.
The 31-year-old was released by the Panthers in a cost cutting move that saved the team about $2 million. While expected to be the backup for Le’Veon Bell should he sign, Williams has plenty of experience to be a feature back when called upon.
His best year came back in 2008 when he ran for 1515 yards and 18 touchdowns.
— DeAngelo Williams (@DeAngeloRB) March 12, 2015
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on