Think the visit today that the Steelers have set up with free agent running back DeAngelo Williams is nothing but a smoke screen for him to get a better offer elsewhere?
Williams appears serious about his interest in coming to the defending AFC North Champions, as Thursday night he put out a video and tweet basically saying he is hopeful to have a new team after his visit with the Steelers Friday.
The 31-year-old was released by the Panthers in a cost cutting move that saved the team about $2 million. While expected to be the backup for Le’Veon Bell should he sign, Williams has plenty of experience to be a feature back when called upon.
His best year came back in 2008 when he ran for 1515 yards and 18 touchdowns.
— DeAngelo Williams (@DeAngeloRB) March 12, 2015
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on