Last season the black and gold rose up and found themselves atop the AFC North at the end of the season, boasting an 11-5 mark and good enough for their first AFC North title since the 2008 season.
Sure things didn’t work out as they fell in the AFC Wild Card game at home to the Ravens, but the window is open according to many, and the Steelers could come knocking in 2015 for a chance to play in Super Bowl 50.
Plenty of sites have the Steelers returning back to the postseason, and you can check the best odds for online sports betting from William Hill Canada for NFL odds and so much more as the 2015 season gets closer.
One person though that doesn’t appear to be on the side of the black and gold is that of Don Banks, reporter for Sports Illustrated.
Banks broke down each team in all the NFL divisions, and this is what he has to say about the Steelers:
3. Pittsburgh Steelers: The Steelers showed me something in terms of resilience last season, fighting their way to an 11–5 record and the division title, but it seemed more of an aberration rather than a return to playoff perennial status. So much has to go right for Pittsburgh to repeat that first-place finish, and I can’t see first-round pick Bud Dupree being the difference-maker on the pass rush, with rookies Senquez Golson and Doran Grant transforming a weak-link secondary. Back to .500 the Steelers go.
Banks does have some legit thoughts about the Steelers possibly going a step back, but at the same time, the division isn’t as strong as it has been, as it’s hard to think about three teams making the postseason again in 2015 as they did in 2014.
The Bengals can’t get a playoff win to save their lives, and as far as the Ravens go, there’s a thought that this will possibly be the season that their defense goes backwards after they have been able to hold their own the last few seasons.
The Steelers have a lot to prove, as always they will have their detractors, but at the same time, don’t count them out, as they will take on a tough slate that will prove if they are worthy for the second year straight to be AFC North champions.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on