Hypothetically speaking, The Pittsburgh Steelers are now on the clock with the 25th pick of the 2016 NFL Draft. You are the Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert and you are trying to persuade the organization to draft either a defensive lineman or a cornerback. Who do you take and why?
Several teams have already selected prospects and you have to decide who you would select from the list below.
William Jackson III (University of Houston)
Artie Burns (University of Miami)
Mackensie Alexander (Clemson)
Defensive Tackle: Andrew Billings (Baylor)
Defensive Tackle: A’Shawn Robinson (Louisiana Tech)
Defensive End: Kevin Dodd (Clemson)
If I was the general manager and had to make the decision on who to select it would be between William Jackson III and Andrew Billings. I would have to go with my gut feeling and choose Billings who will provide solid defensive play in 2016 and throughout his career.
Let it be known that the Steelers haven’t selected a cornerback in the first-round since 1997 and I don’t see them doing it this year. It has always been the best player available and what better player than Baylor’s Andrew Billings. If you want the secondary to become better year in and year out than provide more pressure so the quarterbacks are under duress.
Pittsburgh resigned William Gay to a contract this offseason, the team will be getting a healthy Doran Grant and Senquez Golson, and don’t forget the impressive cornerback Ross Cockrell, who played quite excellent in 2015. The team can get a defensive back player in the second and third rounds. The loss of DT Steve McLendon needs filled and Dan McCullers is not cutting it.
* With the 25th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft … The Pittsburgh Steelers select _____________.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on