Winning in the NFL is not an easy thing to do (just ask the Cleveland Browns), but winning when you allow big play after big play, and lose the turnover battle 3-0 is next to impossible.
Yet Sunday night at Heinz Field, the Steelers found a way. Yes, it wasn’t pretty and it won’t go down as an ‘ESPN Classic’ by any means, but a Chris Boswell 53-yard field goal at the buzzer was the difference, as the Steelers basically survived a 31-28 win over the sub-par Green Bay Packers.
There was plenty of bad to focus on, but let’s give the black and gold offense credit for hanging in, even after trailing 14-6 and 21-14 to get the win.
Here’s a couple quick takeaways from the win, as well as what’s next for the now 9-2 Steelers, who stay atop the AFC North and more so the conference with the Patriots.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on