2. Defense Flusters Fitz
Over the last two weeks the national focus has been on the huge start for Bucs QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why not, he was putting up record numbers and did it against two NFC Super Bowl contenders in the Saints and Eagles.
Monday night the Steelers D lowered the boom somewhat on Fitz, who still wrapped up the night throwing for 411 yards with thee touchdowns and three picks, but the pressure the Steelers D put on the veteran QB was a huge difference in the game.
The game didn’t start so good for the D, as Fitzpatrick and the Bucs went right down the field early in the second and scored to make it 7-0, but then they started to pile up the sacks and picks, ending the first half with four takeaways.
Even on the Bucs final drive, the pressure from the up front guys and linebackers was enough to force a three-and-out to force a punt.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on