4. A Step Forward for the D
Yes the defense still gave up 455 yards and 28 first downs and allowed Tampa Bay 27 points and 29:39 in terms of possession, but this actually was a better game than a week ago at home against the Chiefs.
They got pressure on Bucs QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, were able to hold down the Tampa run game (63 yards on 16 carries), and maybe the biggest thing was the four turnovers the team got in the first half to set them up to scoring 30 points.
The D held the Bucs to 3-for-9 in third down conversions, and they got to Fitzpatrick three times for 19 yards worth of losses.
With the Ravens on deck, it was good for this team to get the win, and for some positive things to happen for this defense that were sorely needed.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on