2. The Refs were Garbage
Let’s get one thing straight – the Steelers deserved to lose on Sunday, pure and simple. But as much as they deserved to lose, the guys in the stripes had a game that clearly was one that won’t be put into the Football Hall of Fame.
First there was the questionable call at the end of the half that was totally bizarre.
We all know the play and how much the Steelers hustled, but one thing that wasn’t clearly explained was why there wasn’t a 10 second run off after the Bears had a false start from the one-yard line.
Then, the two calls in overtime were so blatant it completely cost the Steelers the game. First there was a hold on Joe Haden on the long run by Cohen that almost was a touchdown.
Then what was even worse was the non-call on the game-winning touchdown as Jordan Howard went in for the score to send the Bears fans home happy.
The old theory is that there could be a hold called on every play in the NFL, but if you look at the two tweets below of the holds in overtime, it’s hard to deny they were awful calls that killed the Steelers.
— Steelers Depot (@Steelersdepot) September 24, 2017
— Chicago Sports (@ChicagoSports1) September 24, 2017
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on